We have so many things to ease our daily work routine like a cell phone for carrying out the essential work from any corner of the world, a vacuum cleaner that helps in easy and fast cleaning, washing machines for washing the clothes and the list is endless. One of these appliances is a Dishwasher.
There are several candidates that can be considered to be the best dishwasher in India that can be a blessing for the Indians.
The necessity of a Dishwasher: Do you really need one?
Below mentioned are a few points that explain the necessity of a dishwasher:
- Hygiene is achieved using a dishwasher, as the vessels go through many rounds of sprinkling hot water.
- According to research, washing utensils using dishwasher will save you more than 230 hours.
- Using a dishwasher saves us from the chances of breaking utensils or harming ourselves through the manual process.
- The detergent used when washing in the dishwasher is fixed and very less in quantity.
- The amount of water used by the dishwasher is limited.
- As all the utensils are accumulated inside the dishwasher, the kitchen space and the sink stays neat and tidy.
If you are keen on buying one, we are here to help you with the list of the 10 best dishwashers available in India.
Best dishwashers in India
1. Bosch Freestanding Dishwasher, SMS60L18IN
This dishwasher from Bosch can accommodate a large number of vessels and is white in color. As it holds the load sensor, the machine takes only the required amount of water, hence saving the water. Also unlike other dishwashers, there is no need to rinse the dishes before putting them in the washer. Just put the dishes inside the dishwasher. Your work is done.
- Bosch free-standing comes with 6 wash programs and 12 place settings.
- It encompasses a half-load system that allows cleaning the vessels without the need for the dishwasher to be filled.
- It has an Eco Silence Drive with aqua, load sensor, and top shower.
- The inner tub is made of stainless steel or pole inox.
- The inclusion of the automatic system looks after the water temperature, rinsing time and ensures to clean 99.9 percent bacteria.
- It comprises 6 programs namely Pre-rinse, 45 degrees C Quick, 50 degree C Eco, 65 degree C Sparkle, 50 to 65 degree C Auto and 70-degree c for Kadhai.
- Power consumption per wash is 1 kWh and water consumption is 9.5 liters.
2. IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic Dishwasher
This amazing dishwasher from IFB Neptune VX is very user-friendly and is, therefore, one of the candidates in our best dishwashers in India list. It focuses on saving the water as well as electricity.
The water consumption is just about 9 liters per day. It is designed to wash mugs and less used dishes within 18 minutes with its jet washer mode. There is a 12 place setting and any vessel size can be easily put in with ease. These lesser found qualities put this one in the run for the best dishwasher in India.
- IFB Neptune VX comes with 12 place settings and 2 arms.
- Power consumption is around 2.2 KW.
- The noise level is about 49 DB.
- It is made of vinyl-coated galvanized iron.
- The inclusion of half load option allows one to either fill the upper half or lower half or both depending on the need.
- The water softening device softens the water up to 60 DH which helps in dissolving the detergent properly.
- Racks are adjustable.
- It is fully-electronic with an automatic system.
- Handles stainless steel vessels with ease.
3. Siemens Freestanding Dishwasher SN256I01GI
The next one in our list of the best dishwasher in India is from Siemens. It has a combination of innovative features and attractive design. It provides optimum speed and efficiency, as a result, it saves time and power. Accompanied by 4 wash options and 6 washing programs, the device is designed in a manner that automatically detects the amount of detergent according to the utensils as well as possesses an aqua & load sensor.
- Possesses a load sensor as well as the aqua sensor.
- Comes with a Dosage assist basket and glass care system.
- Unique 4 wash options and 6 washing programs.
- Automated reset feature and foldable racks.
- Width x Depth x Height of 24″X24″X35″
- The inner tub is made of Polinox material.
4. Bosch 12 Place Setting Dishwasher SMS24AW00I
Bosch always has something very useful to offer to its customers when it comes to the kitchen area. Considering the usage of the customer, it offers a 12 place white color dishwasher so that all large dishes can be accommodated and get cleaned perfectly. It has taken care of all the angles and offers 4 different programs like when it comes to delicate glass pieces it had glass and when we talk about hard stained utensils with stubborn stains, it has intensive wash feature.
- This is a 12 place settings dishwasher.
- There are 4 wash programs.
- It takes good care of tough stains and dirt with boiling water of 69 degrees, thus providing very clean and hygienic vessels.
- The presence of a dosage assists basket checks for the tablets to dissolve properly.
- User-friendly and takes care of water consumption.
- Uses 14 liters of water.
- The auto program is very beneficial as it permits the dishwasher to control the temperature and wash timer.
- Racks are foldable and can be adjusted depending on the height.
5. IFB Neptune FX Fully Electronic Dishwasher
IFB has a second product to offer on this list. Built-in automatic front-loading design, there are many new inbuilt features like a device offering water softening and it is white in color. It offers 12 place settings accompanied by 5 wash programs. It can save up to 12 liters of water. The upper basket in the washer can be adjusted whenever it is empty or not required.
- This is a 12 place settings dishwasher where one place setting comprises of the soup bowl, dinner plate, dessert plate, single glass, teacup with saucer, knife, spoons, and fork.
- The system is fully automatic, free-standing and is front loading.
- It comprises of 5 wash programs.
- The power consumption is 1000 watts.
- There are 4 shelves.
- It comes with the heavy soiled program.
- The inbuilt drying system is natural which helps in easy drying out of the dishes without any kind of hassle.
- The presence of the water softening device heats the water to a comfortable temperature.
6. LG Free Standing Dishwasher D1451WF
The well known Indian company, LG, considers all the Indian needs when manufacturing kitchen appliances. LG offers a dishwasher with 14 place settings and 4 wash programs, designed to provide the highest efficiency. The dishwasher comes with an inverter direct device motor which allows saving a good amount of energy. Also, the inclusion of the smart rack permits the user to put any size vessel within it, thereby making it one of the best dishwashers in India.
- Comes with 14 place settings and 4 wash programs.
- It is free-standing and front-loading.
- The control console is fully electronic.
- The dishwasher possesses a stainless-steel tub which provides durability.
- Racks are adjustable which allows flexible using of the dishwasher.
- It has an aqua stop and a triple filter.
- The refill indicator and error display help in easy observation.
- Child lock ensures the safety of children.
- It is spacious.
- Time delay is about 1 to 19 hours.
7. Bosch Serie Semi-integrated Dishwasher SM125AS00E
We have another one from Bosch in our list of best dishwashers in India. It offers another dishwasher that comes with 12 place settings. A total of 5 programs are available which are eco, auto, intensive, corpulent. Many places in India have hard water only, this dishwasher works perfectly in such areas as it is compatible with hard water.
The device comes with different programs. These are designed for power consumption. The eco mode uses 290 kWh per year which relies on the 280 standard cleaning cycles making use of the cold water fill. The load sensor, aqua sensor, refill indicator and flexible racks are some of the additional features.
- Comes with 12 place settings and 5 wash programs.
- Designed to provide power and water consumption with 290 kW and 3300 liters per year.
- It has an aqua sensor and a load sensor.
- Enables the detection of detergent and consists of an LED salt refill indicator.
- The child lock feature ensures the safety of the child when the dishwasher is on.
- It has an Eco Silence Drive.
8. IFB Free standing Neptune WX Dishwasher
IFB is offering choices to its users with its three different models. This WX model comes with 12 place settings but the USP has nine programs to offer. The user can select the intensity level based on how dirty the utensils are. Among all the nine wash programs available, five are regular wash options that might be available in other dishwashers and they focus on all types of vessels with dirt and stains while the extra four are for dealing with crystal ware, glass, crockery, mix loads, pans and pots.
- The dishwasher comes with 12 place settings and 9 wash programs.
- Racks are adjustable and movable.
- Presence of LED shows the detergent, level of rinse and refill of salt.
- The design has two spray arms which provide efficient cleaning.
- Inbuilt Energy Saver helps in detecting the type of washing programs depending on type of stained the vessels.
- Its water consumption is 22.7 liters and power consumption is 2.2 kW.
- It is free-standing and front-loading.
9. Elica Dishwasher WQP12- 7605V WH
Elica has something very interesting to offer to its customers. The dishwasher comes with a very clean and close-packet which provides flexible movement of the device. It is very ideal for cleaning all the tough and greasy stains from the vessels.
Elica’s dishwasher comes with 12 place settings and 5 different wash programs also it comes with a 1-hour wash cycle which is not less than a blessing for working people. The components of the dishwasher are very durable which ensures the long life of the dishwasher.
- The dishwasher comes with 12 place settings along with 5 wash programs.
- It is a free-standing dishwasher that has a soft touch key option.
- It is free-standing.
- Comprises of the upper and lower basket, inner and drain pipe, dispenser, cutlery basket, inlet pipe connector, cup shelf and spray arms.
10. Voltas Beko Table Top Dishwasher
The last one to make it to the list of best dishwasher in India is from Voltas. It is an 8 place setting and has 6 wash programs. It is ideal if your family number is very small. The dishwasher is perfect for washing stainless steel and plastics. It comprises of 2 spray levels. There is an inbuilt heater that washes temperature is about 70 degrees C. The device is free standing. It is designed for a tabletop. This makes the installation process very easy.
- It is free-standing and tabletop.
- The dishwasher is an 8 place setting along with 6 wash programs.
- Made from stainless steel.
- Possesses electronic control with a push touchpad.
There are many best dishwashers available in the market that has various benefits.
But only a few among all will give the best results and fulfill our required criteria. One should always go through the reviews and also check for the comparisons before buying one.
Buyer’s Guide – What to look for in a Dishwasher?
In earlier times, having a dishwasher was a luxury. But with time, the dishwasher had become a necessity and you may find one in every house. There are a variety of dishwashers available in the market. Each of them has some unique features which may or may not be helpful to you.
If you are a newbie in the purchasing segment than there is a high chance that you might get confused with so many options.
When buying a dishwasher, one needs to consider several factors like the size of the dishwasher, noise level and many more. Just keep all the confusion away as we are here to help you in getting clarity about the best dishwasher in India.
Factors to consider for buying the best dishwasher in India:
You will find numerous dishwashers available in the market due to its high demand which will only create chaos if you are not particular about your requirement. Below mentioned are certain factors that might help you in choosing the best one:
The first thing one needs to consider when looking for the best dishwasher in India is the size of the dishwasher they might need. This completely depends on the number of family members and the usage of utensils.
For a nuclear family having 2 to 3 members, an 18-inch dishwasher with 6 to 8 place settings would work perfectly. If having a bigger family, than a 24-inch dishwasher having a 12 place setting would be fine. Usually, an 18 inch works fine if you are an occasional user.
Generally, one place setting comprises a small snack plate, saucer, bowl, two teaspoons, a knife, a dinner and a salad fork, a coffee cup, and a large dinner plate. So having such 8 to 12 place settings will work fine for medium to big size family.
There are several types of dishwashers available like built-in, portable, countertop or drawer. Choosing among these depends on the size of the home and whether it is your own home or a rented one.
Looking from the perspective of price, the ideal one is the countertop. They are compact and can be easily placed in a limited space. However, they won’t be useful for a big family.
Prices for another type of dishwasher depend on their features. However, if you stay in a rented flat, you should opt for a portable dishwasher. You can go for built-in if you own the house.
With improving technology, there are various kinds of wash cycles available.
Among the basic wash cycles are regular, light, heavy and economy.
The regular and light wash is for normal vessels which are less used. Hard stained big vessels such as pans and pots require a heavy wash.
Nowadays, dishwasher also comes with many enhanced wash cycles such as quick wash, rinse, stemware, glass, pot scrub, quick wash and sanitizes wash. But the cost of the dishwasher rises if we count on this.
Discarding the hard food
This is an important feature. Many times, we don’t like to pre-rinse the dishes or remove the scrape food before loading into the dishwasher. Dishwasher having this feature has functionality inbuilt in them where it eradicates all the waste during the initial washing cycle.
Doing this avoids any waste to go into the clean dish during the final washing cycle. In such type of dishwasher, the waste needs manual filtration or the self-filtering option can be used. You need to check for the filtration type while buying one.
Most of the dishwashers have two racks for the dishes. But the increasing demand has made the companies to make three racks. Also, the racks and shelves are flexible and can be adjusted or removed. Also, some dishwashers have a small basket for babies’ stuff.
Cutlery and glassware are something we stay extra cautious for. In some of the dishwashers, there is a tray at the bottom rack where the cutlery can be placed. This bottom is quite useful as it eases the loading and unloading process. Several other models are attached in the inside part of the dishwasher which is space-saving.
Types of Tub
The tubs are usually made from plastic or stainless steel. Both have the same effect and there is no difference in their cleaning performance. However, stainless steel is more durable and saves energy.
The best dishwasher in India is the one that is energy efficient. While buying one, just check for the power consumption and cost per year for checking the efficiency and also considered the standards given by the BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency). This agency suggests only the products that are an energy saver and which do not compromise on the features.
Whenever you are buying appliances such as washing machines, vacuum cleaner or a mixer, you look for the noise level. The same applies to the dishwasher. Its operation should not be hurting the ears. Hence check for the noise level in the specifications and also the reviews of other users before buying.
Ease of Use
We should always look for appliances that are easy to operate. If they are complicated for us, they might become a headache instead of being helpful.
There are certainly big and stained utensils. These require extra cleaning. At times, it happens that the dishwasher cleans such big vessels along with the small ones within the same duration and at the same water temperature.
As a result, the vessels come out unclean. To tackle these situations, the dishwashers now come with auto-detect sensors that detect hard water and converts them into soft water. It also allows you to set the temperature according to the type of vessel and cleans it accordingly.
Sensors for Soil
This is an enhanced feature. It is implemented to save time and energy. Over here, it checks for the level of soil in dishes and accordingly cleans the dishes.
The feature is an unavoidable one, especially if you have a child at your home. Having this in the dishwasher ensures your child’s safety when the appliance is on.
This is a place to keep washed utensils for drying. Hence, it is a must to check this heated dry feature.
We should consider warranty for every product that we purchase so that the use is hassle-free. Usually, the dishwashers come with a warranty of 2 to 6 years and some with a maximum of 10 years.
With improved technology, it is possible to get a good dishwasher with the minimum essential features within a considerable price. However, there are a lot of many brands offering various dishwashers with different functionalities. We can easily choose the one that fulfills our requirements and also fits into our budget.
These are some of the factors you should check before buying a dishwasher.
How does a dishwasher work?
A dishwasher’s functionality is similar to a washing machine where you need to just put the dirty clothes, add the washing powder; set the wash cycle and you are free as the machine will handle everything on its own. Similarly, a dishwasher is an appliance that takes dirty vessels and washing powder. You just need to set the wash cycle and you are free. You will get cleaned utensils once the process is over.
The basic functions which you should look for in the best dishwashers in India are as listed below:
- Add the required amount of water and heats it to the required temperature.
- Opens up the detergent section to dispense at the correct time.
- The water is sprayed on the dishes for cleaning through the jets.
- All the accumulated dirty water is drained.
- More water is sprayed on the dishes for rinsing and then the draining process takes place.
- The air inside is heated for all the dishes to get dried.
The dishwasher is the best thing you can rely on for saving your time and energy which will give you a very positive outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below are some of the commonly asked dishwasher related questions:
Why should I buy a dishwasher?
A dishwasher can be your best friend that can save your energy and time. It cleans all types of vessels efficiently and helps in keeping the kitchen area and sink clutter-free. This ensures the maintenance of proper hygiene.
Is it safe to use a dishwasher?
Designed to keep the dishes clean and tidy, a dishwasher effectively removes any kind of dirt, stains, food particles from the dishes. Thus, the dishwasher is safe to use.
Does dishwasher clean dishes properly?
With enhanced technology, the dishwasher has many beneficial features that ease your work. The dishes are perfectly washed, rinsed and cleaned. This saves water and energy. Hot water is used for cleaning. Therefore, the dishes get cleaned very efficiently. They also get disinfected.
Can a dishwasher wash pressure cooker?
Yes, a dishwasher can absolutely wash a pressure cooker. You need to make sure the pressure cooker is facing the arms jet so that it gets cleaned properly.
How much detergent should be used?
This depends on the detergent type and the hardness of the water. If you use too much detergent in soft water then there are chances that the dishes get scratched whereas if you use less detergent then dishes might not get cleaned properly. Hence, it is best that you go through the manual or may even contact the after-sales service center of the company.
Is the amount of water used in the dishwasher too much?
This is the biggest myth revolving around the world that a dishwasher uses too much water. In reality, washing dishes manually consume more water which is at least 28 gallons of water whereas dishwasher takes a fixed and limited amount of water which can be up to 3 gallons per wash cycle.
Can I make use of a combination i.e. 4-in-1 products rather than separate salt, detergent, rinse, and agent?
Both of the above have their benefits. Using a combination will be convenient. If you make a mix of all four, you can easily adjust the proportions according to the water type.
What things can be put in the dishwasher?
Usually, you get a manual when purchasing a dishwasher that has all the items that can be/can not be put in the dishwasher. Generally, iron, wood, anything with an adhesive, brass, bronze, acrylic are few items that should not be put.
What is the necessity of the rinse agent?
Using a rinse agent will help in the drying of the dishes. Just fill the dispenser with the rinse agent.
Can the dishwasher be left on when there is no one at home?
This will not be recommended as it may happen that that heating cycle might get fail which can cause a fire in the house.
Final take on the best dishwashers in India:
The dishwasher is a boon for all those working women and men. Just find the one that best fits you and leave all the tension to it. These are small details which might help you in finding the best dishwasher in India.